Week 35: Horse Barrel Racing- I mean Marathon Training




My marathon training officially began this past week. It included a 2000 m run test on Saturday, so we schlepped the kids from Stinson to the Mt Tam high school track (talk about a sah-wheet track!) to make the run legit. It was my first attempt at a timed 2000 meters with 200 meter splits and... it was hard.


My overall time was 8:10, with 47 to 51 sec 200 meter splits. Now I get to apply these numbers to my training and runs. More on that as it happens.  


But I have a confession to make: I still feel funny saying I'm 'marathon training'.


I might as well be saying I'm training for Barrel Racing Nationals or something. I mean yes, I've ridden a horse a few times, and pet horses with my kids, but it's no barrel racing. And yes, I've run in triathlons and 10k's, but it's no running for  ~4 hours straight. It's a totally different ball game. So I feel a wee bit like an impostor. 


But that leads my Goals for the Week:


Athlete: Think as though I'm a marathon runner. Embrace the challenge with each run & work out


Wife: Celebrate 10 year anniversary all week & make the most of our getaway weekend


Health: Be mindful of my sugar intake


As always, I write these goals on a bookmark I keep in my organizer and attempt to read it each morning as I plan my day. Would love to hear how you go about your day and week!

Comments

hey...remember, anyone who runs - is a runner; anyone does a triathlon - is a triathlete; and anyone who is training for a marathoner - is just that.

and afterward, you'll be a marathoner!

don't get caught up in vocabulary; remember to have fun, enjoy the process and learn from it! the fun part is getting there!

you'll rock!!
i love you and think you r fast!
+ hebbe

Popular Posts