Week 32: Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Just came back from Cannon Beach, Oregon and EVOO, a place that hosts dining & culinary experiences. Michael was invited to co-host their 5 yr anniversary dinner (him in action above!) & I was invited to tag along and enjoy two nights of culinary gluttony! It was over the top amazing, and I've never seen more olive and grape seed oil used in a night!

Ah, but now I'm home, creating my meals, workouts, and plans for the week and at the top of my list is getting back to my normal daily intakes. I've had 2 awesome weeks of glory, and it's now time to reign it in a bit. However, I also plan to start adding a bit more of the 'good' fats (olive oil, flax seeds, and nuts) to my meals. Currently, I mainly use oil sprays, but after this weekend, I'm going for a lil' more of the real deal. A little olive and grape seed oil makes any meal just taste more savory, and I've seen first hand how it brings more joy to the cooking experience.

My goals for the week:

Personal:
Start my new book that was given as a b-day gift:)


Health
: Write and stick to my food intakes


Friend
: Set up some play dates for me & the kidz


Home: Commit 30 min/day to tidying up the house. We have a t.i.n.y house & picking up makes a difference

Wife:
Research/figure out where to go for our big 10 yr anniversary. any ideas?


As always, I write these out on a bookmark I keep in my organizer. Every morning I try and commit ~10 minutes to review my list and plan my day.

Would love to hear how you go about planning your week and here's to adding more olive oil to your life!

Comments

I hear ya on working out...that's my goal this week. To set my workout sched today, and hit each one until Friday.

cool on the oils...a little bit is good for us too!

I have ideas on where to go!
Anonymous said…
An EVOO that I love: From Petroni Vinyards here in Sonoma. As good as any I've had in Italy - cool story about his olive groves too!

Popular Posts