So Why Goals for the Week?



I know 'Goals for the Week' might not sound that ambitious right? I mean, woo-hoo, I cleaned up the house for 30 min a day for a week. Big deal. Why not write about the juicy and exciting Life Goals, or at least Goals for the Year?

Well lemme tell ya, I *HEART*, creating Life & Yearly Goals, and I visit/revise them every few months. Above is my basic notebook I use to brainstorm and create the big ideas and yearly goals for all the different roles I am in life: Family, Mom, Health, Friend, Work, Creating, Fitness, Relationships, and Personal Growth.

From there, I use these yearly goals to create my...drumroll please...goals for the week! These are the lil' gems that help me stay committed to living out the big dream stuff. These are the specific, measurable, attainable, and time related acts & thoughts that help me attempt to live with intention. Of course some weeks are better than others, but these goals help keep me anchored to what really gets me excited about life, especially during those times when I'm not feeling much motivation.

And the truth is, I wince at most of the Self-Help/Goal Setting section at the book store- and I love this stuff! But there are just so many ideas, templates, and systems out there that talk big picture ideologies on how to 'Live the Life of your Dreams' or 'Reach your Potential'! But to me, I don't just want to talk the talk, I wanna walk it.

And putting the big goals into simple and realistic weekly actions is the way for me. That's why I've created this lil' blog that talks about the baby steps. These are the specific steps that help cultivate those big picture dreams and keep me motivated week after week.


Now I'd love to hear what you think!

Comments

AFRS said…
What a great idea for a blog. There is a lot of information out there about SMART goals and breaking big goals down into bite sized chunks but not very much about people actually doing it!
AM! said…
Hey AFRS, I like affirmations as well. My mantra often is 'Be the change you wish to see in the world'. Thanks for visiting my blog:) I checked yours out too.

Popular Posts