Week 29: Road Trips


I took the kids on their first official road trip down the 101 to visit their Grandad this past week. I loved it. And so did they. The 101 itself was part of the destination. We ate at cheesy hole in the walls, stopped at gas stations every hour or so,...just took our time. I haven't driven the 101 like that, well since forever!

At 3 1/2, I still have 2 more full years of weekday spontaniety, until Mr. Elementary school arrives. I realize a rewarding goal will be to take advantage of this precious time and embrace the day excursion and road trip experiences. I'm excited:)

My goals for this week:

Health: Get back on food track from 101 diner hell! I went crazy, & now my body isn't too happy;)

Mom: Get kid's haircut

Fitness: Put some new freakin' music on my ipod! It's getting ridiculous folks! I just need to sit down and commit ~30 min's and just do it already.

Home: Write out meals for the week (I've been slacking for the past ~3 or 4 weeks). Commit 20 minutes to pick up around the house.

As always, I write these goals on a bookmark and keep them in my organizer. I review them each morning as I plan my day.

I also have a list of 'work' goals, but don't focus on these with this blog. I think we're more accustomed to creating goals for work, but don't extend the thinking to our personal lives- which is just as important, if not more:) Also I share my specific weekly goals not because they're so amazing (ha!), but just to show one example of how to focus on the smaller things to help maximize my day/life.

Would love to hear how you go about planning your day and week!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is a great pic, and I am glad you and the kids had a good time. Come back soon!

Love,

Dad (Grandad)
Anonymous said…
Still, I am inspired...

Popular Posts