Week 24: Ironman Coeur D'Alene

I was hoping to post MKS' race report this week, but it hasn't arrived yet. Hope to get it soon, but in the meantime, here's a shot of us 'embracing' the race.

Coeur D'Alene is a great town, and a great place to race and combine a family vacation. It was also easy to embrace the race energy there too. I'm still holding on to it. In fact, the night we got home I signed up for the California International Marathon for this December.

Now, I just have to make one thing clear- doing a marathon was NEVER on my list of Things to Do. No Sir-ee Bob. But I'm riding the Ironman high- so I'm excited for the new adventure. (I say this now...but when I'm doing ~18 mile run workouts in a few months, I'll be wondering what sort of crack I was on when I signed up.)

But I think that's how these things work. You experience watching people accomplish feats you deemed were never goals for yourself. But then a final wave of inspiration tugs at you, whispering ' ya know what? maybe it is in you'.


So, any other takers for the marathon? My fellow Nike Half bf's are on board and I KNOW there are runners out there just needing that lil' push to just go for it :)

Comments

These events teach us all (participants and spectators and supporters) a little bit about ourselves. We go to them because we are interested in the sport, and how the sport(s) teach us about ourselves. To keep us on track, keep us motivated, keep us moving foward or give us some reason...whatever the case, it's different for each of us...and yep, the benefit keeps us healthy too (but NOT to overlook there can be unhealthy approaches and reasons for doing them).
Point is: the feeling of "WOW, I can do that!?!" is such a neat feeling. Because YOU REALLY CAN DO IT! But only if you want to.

Popular Posts